Tuesday 5 February 2013

GF Flour Blend

After some experimenting and searching, I think I have found my go-to Gluten Free Flour Blend. 



As per the video, here is the recipe:

1 cup sorghum flour

1 cup brown or white rice 
1 cup starch (tapioca, potato, arrowroot or cornstarch) or a blend of all


*to make high protein, add 1 cup or quinoa flour, chickpea flour or amaranth flour

Notes:
- My preference is to only add the high protein flours when I am making heartier things like muffins.  
- I used the first three ingredients for shortbread cookies and it was great! 
- I like to make large batches and don`t add my xanthan gum to the mix, instead I add to each individual recipe.
- For more information, watch the video.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.